Saturday, August 29, 2009

On to LAX..

(This entry was compiled after I reached Indiana PA)..

Dateline....25th-26th August.

The flight to LAX was a hugely tiring affair, mainly due to the 12 hour haul. I watched a pretty good movie, "My Life in Ruins", funny and entertaining. Notice the passengers behind me. They were a couple who had spent 3 weeks in Bali. They had also taken some pills just before the plane took off and guess what, they slept the whole 12 hours... huhu. Must be some pills!!
Touchdown!!! But then, arrival at LAX, and towards the Immig counters for the VISIT procedure. Called Pah (at abt 12 tgh mlm) to say that I'd landed (that's actually not allowed at this section). Took too long IMHO. But the officer welcomed me back into the country. That felt good.

My bags were not inspected. I'd declared nothing (negative) on all counts, which is the truth anyway. I then asked around on how to reenter the bags into the flight plan. That done, I went to look for my gate, and again, those checks. I passed this one with flying colors (no beeps, finally) and moved to find Gate 43. Once I knew its location, I went for food at a Burger King, took out the meal to a seat at the gate, and stayed there until they called us in to board the DFW-bound flight.
-------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment