Friday, August 14, 2009

Doing the Right Thing on Day 18!

OPah's kelapa tree..

I was up and running by 8:10 am, and at Aát's house by 9:30 am. We had plannned to go to the banks and Tbg Haji for updates and more.

The asn/b accts were in order and few Ks poorer after I was done. But they'd appreciated nicely as well, at about 10% per year. Tbg Haji was a different story, appreciating less, at abt 15% over three years.

WE went for mee rebus and teh ais at the nearby Taiping Supermarket eatery, the open area on the ground floor there. This is the World Famous Taiping Mee Rebus..just like I remember it 30 years ago..No susu segar today...

My trip to SP is on hold right now since I'd not received a reply from syam on my two calls. Tomorrow's trip is on track. I will call to see where I could bum for the night. As of now, there are a couple of possibilities...
The Taiping Bazaar square and Aát..
The ambience of the place. Same as it was 30 years ago...Aát waiting for mee rebus..
Here's the food! Mee rebus ori!

At Pak Aát's house by 12:15 after getting Imran off the bus station..
aw some sights..
Pak Aát's nangka tree.. and the jackfruits..
Green budding pulasansAnd the snake-killer, Johnny!!
Paying Tok Ayah..The deed as noted. Tok Ayah signed it later..
Alhamdulillah, two down in one go!
-------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment