Thursday, August 13, 2009

17th Day of Vacation: Accounting Day

Definitely over the hump. I am at my parents' place in Kamunting, and stayed home all day. I am going to meet Aát again tonite, hopefully just to go to that Kamunting eatery, if nothing else.

The day was about accounting my properties; money owed and money spent. I ended up owing some money; will pay ayah his dues soon, and will ask Mak to deduct the money from the rental collected from my house.

The present renter has moved out; today we recived deposit of rm400.00 from a prospective renter. The house has to be fixed up again, Mak said, and will only be ready by month's end. That's good.

So by that time, I would officially be the unofficial (name on land title not changed) owner of both properties; the house and the rubber land. It's only money, money (hehehe).

Come to think of it, I wasn't that crazy asking ayah to buy the plot of land or for mak to build a house on it for rent, for me in 1982. The rubber land was also a good thing; now I can bounce all over it however I like. Ayah showed me the past year's income from the sale of rubber; my half came to about rm 1,950.00. Not bad for not even being in the country.

The significance of 1982? I was a 3rd year student getting married to a freshie..huhu!
-------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment