I wanted to meet up with some folks at the old place there but the weather was drippy wet all the way and all the time. So my main contact, Dr. Kharul A., was the only one I could meet. Left Taiping at 8:30am and reahed USM at 20 till. Tollway to the bridge and Gelugor
USM was so crowded; i've never remembered it to be as such, but I managed to find a parking spot at the far end of Kajian Dasar. A bit to the right, the scene from Chanselori Hill, the Penang Bridge..
Right in front of where I parked, down hill, the USM Swimming Pool...
I was going to PBT before meeting Khairul, but I remembered my wallet on the front passenger's seat and rushed back to retrieve it. Call it divine intervention, but I had left my lights on, also! By the time I got to the car headlights switch and wallet, it was already 10:00 am and Khairul and Gee were already there behind my car.
Khairul dropped Gee off at her office before getting out of the USM campus to stop at the nearby Restoran Nasi Kandar.
By 11:10 am, we'd talked enough. Me and Dr. Khairul. Me look fat!
Khairul had a prior arrangement to be at Bukit Kayu Hitam by two, so I told him we should be done. After he took me to my car, we both drove off. I made my way back to the bridge, and reached home, in the rain, at 12:30 pm. It was a quickie!!------------------

No comments:
Post a Comment