Saturday, September 25, 2010

Keystone Carps

It's 8:30 am on a Saturday morning. Luqman and I were ready for the trip to the fish place, Keystone Lake off Rt 210, some 20 miles from Indiana PA...Holy smokes, what happened to the water!!
So we went through the lake bed. Bad idea, I got bogged down in quicksand! I was quicker than the bog, though, so went through with my shoes intact but muddy...
Cool breeze and a really nice view of the lowered water level..
Luqman adopted this crawdad for an hour or so..

Hani was looking at the lake thinking maybe, no fish today. However, at 11:00, the first one, a heavy 26 and a half incher, sprung my line into a jay...Hani, back to life, was happy. He wanted pics to send to his mama back home in Jordan..
This is how you unhook a monster..
I was telling Hani how, years ago, I'd have a friend who said that when I catch a fish to put the line back and say that this next one's for him...

It worked, yet again! Ten minutes later, at 11:10, we got the second fish! He said this was his fish! That means it's time to leave, already...
since Hani is now a fisherman...
For good measure...
Luqman lost, but got back his left shoe when he tried to outsmart the bog on the way back...Now this is a sight to see, just as we were ready to leave the lake!
"Ayah and me, and the fishies", sez Luqman. He was the cameraman all throughout this little adventure...
We got home at abt 12:30 after letting Hani off at his apartment. Thanks to Luqman who took really fab pics, I was able to recount this tale without using too many words..
-------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment