Friday, November 27, 2009

Mohammad Aly of Pittsburgh


In the Spring of 1998, I was introduced to Mohammed Aly by Atef. They were friends from Aswan, Egypt. At that time, I was a PhD student getting ready for my doctoral Comprehensive exams. He helped me borrow some books at the Hillman Library using his account; almost 60 books if I recall correctly. Later that year, I took Atef and his family to attend a picnic at Schenley Park, joining Muhammaed Aly and a few of his Upitt friends. I also remember Amin making his website for $40.00 (Amin, he wants your email!)

Eleven years later, his brother came to IUP. His name is Ahmed. I didn't know Ahmed is Muhammed Aly's brother until today, when Ahmed told me about it. He'd only just found out about my friendship with Muhammed Aly when he called for Eid wishes today...

Interesting how the world turns...

-------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment