Today was a cool Sunday morning with a promise of some sun in the afternoon. First, I drained the front transaxle fluid. Then, I drained the engine oil since it had already logged 3K miles and over 6 months since the last change.
Put in a bit over 1 quart of of el cheapo super tech 75W90 (GL5) into the axle's dipstick hole, and 3.5 litres of 5W20 Motorcraft (bought a five quart bottle for the Focus a few years ago, never got to use it) into the engine. Also changed the Mobil filter with a regular Parolator...
Then, I drained the rear transaxle of its oil and with Luqman's help, put in almost a quart of new super tech 75W 90.
The plugs for the transaxles were all tight and required much time to loosen. Finally, by 4:00 I was testing subie on S. Sixth. And went ahead to Advance Auto for three quarts of Mobil 75W90 LS, this time for smart's tranny fluid change, TBA. Subie tested out fine with no strange noise, smoke or smell.
------------------

No comments:
Post a Comment