Friday, July 2, 2010

Meeting Aizat!

Happy Valley, God's Country...


Pah and I, Taza and Shirin; we were all at Carbondale in the early 80's, Taza being our pioneering senior there.

I met Aizat the first time in 1992 when I visited Taza and Shirin in KL. It was also the last time, until two days ago when we met again, this time, as planned, at State College. I was there with my kids to send Wasil for his FTCAP, and Aizat happened to be in Happy Valley for a week, vacationing a road-trip after graduating from college. They had moved to Arizona a year before I took my family to Pennsylvania.

Wasil setting his sights on Happy Valley days...



Here's Aizat!!


At the HUB, while waiting for Wasil to get officially minted as a Nittany Lion..


Wasil, just after getting his PSU id.. Congarats!!



Aizat and Wasil, friends in the making..
Me, too. I'm friends with my cone, too, huhu!!

Hana and Muhsin having a brain-freeze session...

Muhsin is cold, and sleeepy from too much strawberry ice cream!


Saying bye to Aizat, and Mao! Mao is leaving for good. He's a PSU grad!

We had a leisurely time together for that three hours. Then I sent Aizat back to Pennsylvania Furnace when he was staying before heading back to Indiana, PA!
-------------------

5 comments:

  1. Thanks Wahi for spending some time with Aizat. He enjoyed being with you and the kids and met up with Wasil again for racquetball.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shirin, that's Wasil's first racketball game at PSU, making it a historic moment for them! The 20-inch pizza they had afterwards must have been memorable too, sizewise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apparently it was a good game. Aizat didn't mention the pizza but did say he really enjoyed the company. Being with another M'sian must be comforting after 3 weeks on the road. Thanks again. The pics look great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Originally, we'd planned for all of us to meet Aizat, but we found out later that Luqman had Marching Band camp that day, so Muz had to stay back (with hamzah, luqman's sidekick) for that chore...

    ReplyDelete