Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Error Code P328 (UPDATED)

Subaru Knock Sensor Replacement: It's 154,366 miles on the odometer, and it needs a new knock sensor... been needing one since the first week I left for Malaysia...

Old sensor needs removing...

Old and new...$63.00 online...

Ta-da!! New sensor installed!!

--------------
Update: I took Ms. Subie to Pittsburgh today. The trip was 140 miles altogether, mostly on wet pavement and rainy weather. The car felt extra responsive, probably due to the newly-changed fluids. The engine block temp hovered around 193-195 F, and the air intake was registering between 80-100 F. I drove at about 65 mph (2400 - 2500 rpm) most of the time. My eyes were on the gas gauge, too. When I reached home, it was just below 3/4 tank. I'm still looking to see how far it would go on a full tank. However, I think the recent work done on Ms Subie as well as today's have a positive impact on her performance as a whole...

Oh Deer! On the way back, a large, full-seized deer crossed my path not more than 15 feet away. I had my feet on the brakes but didn't have to slow down much as it was taking off on its third hop into the bushes almost as soon as I saw it in the headlights. I'm glad I had my spotlights on, and that I was just cruising when it happened.


-------------------

2 comments: